Fargo Truck Accident Attorneys
Experienced Injury Team for Your North Dakota Truck Accident Claim
Since 1984, our skilled legal team at Marquard & Associates has served Fargo with devoted legal counsel and representation for all personal injury claims. Our team of personal injury attorneys is prepared to navigate the most complex truck accident claims, aiming to achieve maximum compensation for your injuries.
Get started on your case today. Call us at (888) 288-4756 to schedule a FREE consultation!
The Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Our truck accident lawyers in Fargo are familiar with the complex laws regarding semi-truck operations. If a semi-truck operator fails to follow these stringent laws, it can result in some of the most dangerous accidents on the highways.
Semi-truck accidents often involve:
- Truck driver operators who fail to take the appropriate breaks, resulting in fatigue and falling asleep at the wheel.
- Owners of the vehicles neglecting to stop at the appropriate safety checks along highways and freeways, which are designed to both weigh and survey the vehicles for safety.
- Equipment on semi-trucks malfunctioning either during or before operation, resulting in the truck's inability to respond to a driver's commands.
- Truck drivers operating under the influence of alcohol, or neglecting to pay attention to the road due to cell phone operation.
Individuals who have been injured due to any of these circumstances are invited to contact our office. Proving negligence on the part of the semi-truck driver can help build your claim and might give you a better chance at a better settlement.
Steps to Take After an Accident
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you need to take certain steps to ensure you have the best possible chance of recovering full compensation. First, whether you feel injured or not, do not refuse medical care at the scene of the accident. If you're not evaluated by a medical professional at the accident scene, go to your doctor or the emergency room as soon after the accident as possible. It's easy to dismiss injuries that are not immediately apparent, such as internal bleeding or a concussion. This simple step can help prevent the insurance company from denying your injury claim.
Once immediate injuries are addressed, take care of the following:
- Take as many pictures as possible from as many angles as possible. This includes vehicle damage, skid marks, documents, injuries, location of the accident, etc. You can never have too many pictures!
- Take down witness statements, if there were any. The police will likely gather their own witness statements, but they may not have spoken with everyone who saw the accident, so it's worth collecting this information yourself as well.
- Look for security or surveillance cameras that may have recorded footage of the accident. Note their location, take a picture, and let your attorney know! A skilled truck accident attorney in Fargo may be able to get a copy of the footage to help aid your case.
Finally, contact an injury attorney who can help you get the full compensation your deserve after the accident. Marquard & Associates is proud to represent injured victims throughout North Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.